The objectives of the CEIN/BS program are the ability to:
- Synthesize knowledge from the arts, sciences, humanities, and the discipline of nursing into the practice of nursing.
- Demonstrate professional comportment and related skills needed to practice safely, artfully, responsibly, and accountably within caring, legal, ethical, and professional parameters.
- Evaluate personal systems in relation to those values espoused by the profession at large.
- Design, organize and/or deliver and continuously improve safe health care for individuals, families, and/or community using health information technology and all ways of knowing.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction generated by a spirit of inquiry with integrity.
- Compassionately address human, fiscal and physical resource demands for provision of high value health care with teamwork and collaboration.
- Formulate and articulate a philosophy of nursing that incorporates praxis, caring, and knowing.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to advocate for and to optimize the health of all members of society by responding to emerging health care challenges.
- Think, reason, and select or partner for the creation of evidenced-based solutions to address variations in health and health care as experienced by individuals and groups.
- Integrate research methods to support best current evidence, clinical expertise, and patient/family preferences and values in order to deliver optimal patient-centered health care.
The CEIN/BS program is designed for those with a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field. Upon the successful completion of the one-year CEIN/BS program, the student is awarded a bachelor’s degree in nursing and is eligible to take the NCLEX (the RN license exam).
The CEIN Program is located at 4 campuses:
University of Connecticut School of Nursing
231 Glenbrook Rd
Storrs, CT 06269-2026
University of Connecticut - Avery Point
1084 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT 06340
University of Connecticut - Waterbury
99 East Main Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
University of Connecticut - Stamford
1 University Place
Stamford, CT 06901